Back to the grindstone . No, really. When I saw that Ariel (Hyatt) was reprising the Music Success in Nine Weeks Blogging Challenge I asked her if I could participate again, but this time from the perspective of revisiting my entries, and the goals set, from earlier this year – how well am I doing, what should I change, how can I put all these great ideas into action and really jumpstart the second half of this year.
I will copy (most, or some, of ) my entry on a relevant week, and then start the current post. Here we go.
Starting with – HA! – the beginning: small victories. Basically, the idea is to write down – every day – five positive things you have accomplished every day.
Have I done that every day for the past six months? No. But I *have* done it, and especially on hard days, days that seem insurmountable and useless all at the same time….. that simple list has often gotten me through. My list for today (so far – hey, it *is* only 2 pm as I write this):
- send press releases for Christmas in July (with personal notes) to all local tv stations and major press outlets
- confirm our tv appearance on the local CBS affiliate next week
- have coffee with a friend (and fellow musician) that I have not seen in way too long
- send out facebook and twitter reminders for our show at Cafe Caturra tonight
- start this blogging challenge
So there we go. There is more to week 1 – the second, and much bigger part, is setting goals – but that will be a separate post.